Wednesday, April 30, 2008

APPLE's $200/$300 3G iPHONE !

As reported by FORTUNE magazine, some new details are emerging regarding Apple's (AAPL) NEW 3G iPHONE:

http://techland.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2008/04/29/att-to-cut-the-price-of-apples-new-iphone/

*Should hit stores around JUNE 27th (hmm now I need to decide if I get one at launch vs. Septemberish )

*If you're willing to sign a 2 year agreement then the new iPHONE will cost you $199 or $299 (pending the version) as AT&T (T) will subsidize $200 off the purchase price of your new iphone ! Looks like AT&T's doing this to lure customers away from rivals like Verizon (VZ), Sprint (S), etc. WOW, smart move that will really benefit both AT&T and Apple...and even more so Apple since AT&T is subsidizing the cost of the new iPHONEs on its OWN. (I'm def diggin the thought of a $200 iPHONE...)

*New 3G iPHONE will be 2.5mm thinner than the original and will carry a GPS chip





Data Courtesy: Fortune.com.
Full Disclosure: I own shares of AAPL. (And I admit I want to iOWN the iPHONE)